Do Too Much December is HERE.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Resisting the Urge to Re-Twist: Roll, Tuck, Pin& Shake!!!

I've been feeling a little blah lately about my weekly twisting routine. I do enjoy the benefit of a protective style that lasts me about a week. I have fine, fickle threads that like to escape into a tumble of fuzziness after over a week. Also, there is something serene about my weekly hair washing sessions. Since using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars my hair has been less tangled and my scalp is clean and healing from my seborrhea dermatitis. So, I make these hair wash days into my spa treatment complete with a deep treatment pree poo every week. I'll go into more detail about my revised hair regimen and growth plan in the next post.

My twist outs used to consist of unravelling my twists that I had in for a week, then re-twisting to get the same definition the next day and the day after. But, my fine strands would do a tangle job like you wouldn't believe and I'd end up with hair fighting with itself. So, I asked myself what could I do to get beautiful definition AND reduce the hair tangles? I came up with my tuck and pin method.

Before bedtime I spritzed my hair with my water, aloe vera juice, and oils mixed. Then, I added some hair milk to each section. Next, I rolled my hair on each side and pinned them down. I placed my satin head scarf on my head and I went to sleep.

In the morning I unpinned and unrolled each section. Then, I used my fingers to separate and style the sections. I shook my hair in a downward motion to add volume.
The result? Soft, bouncy small spiral curls that are presentable. No more re-twisting for me. I'm happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment