Do Too Much December is HERE.

Friday, July 12, 2013

NaturelleGrow: ALL Hair CAN Grow!

SPOTLIGHT ON UP & COMING NATURAL

Renee Dawes 

Renee Dawes, Owner & Creator of
NaturelleGrow Handmade Hair Products

For months now, I’ve been using NaturelleGrow products and I have experienced phenomenal results. Impressed with the quality ingredients and superior performance of the products, I reached out to NaturelleGrow products owner, Renee Dawes, for an exclusive interview with The Forgotten Natural Blog.

Renee, thank you so much for agreeing to do an interview with The Forgotten Natural Blog. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am originally from Ohio, but up until recently I lived in New York. Currently, my family and I are relocating back to Ohio.  My husband and I have worked in ministry for the last 11 yrs. We have had our own church for the past 3 yrs. We have two daughters, ages 14 and 8.


How did your hair journey influence your decision to start a company?

In my younger years I was relaxed.  In high school, I wore weaves a lot and the glue I was using caused my hair to become so damaged that my edges were gone. My scalp was white and flaky. Then, I began sewing in the weaves. I had the mindset that my hair wouldn’t grow. It got to the point where I couldn’t even relax my hair anymore; it was so thin.  So, in 2007 I slowly transitioned to natural.

Once I started learning how to take care of my hair; it started growing. It became a passion. I was trying all kinds of products and investigating the ingredients in products. I began studying herbs and finding out how beneficial the herbs are for hair. I was interested in long and healthy hair. As a result, I decided to find out how to make conditioners, cleansers, etc. I looked into which natural products would work. I was able to test the different formulations on the different hair types of my family members (relaxed, natural, kinky, curly). I was able to determine that natural products work on all hair types.  I discovered that people, who had never grown hair, were able to do so using natural hair products.  I became passionate about helping others attain what I had; long healthy hair. Once I figured things out, my hair went from chin length to armpit length. Once I began making my own products it grew to waist length. Currently, it is almost TBL (tail-bone) length.


With all the different natural hair product companies out here, what do you think makes NaturelleGrow unique?

Customer service and having a relationship with the customers are very important to me. I believe in putting the customer and his or her needs first. When you are a small company, you have the ability to reach out and touch people’s lives. We provide fresh ingredients and listen to what the customers actually need.

Can you share with us your weekly hair routine?

I cleanse my hair and then, I do an herbal rinse. Next, I put in my deep conditioner and sit underneath the dryer for about 15 minutes. All of my deep conditioners are especially formulated for dry hair. After rinsing out the deep conditioner, I put in a moisturizer and then I plait about 5 braids. Next, I will sit under the dryer and then, comb it out. Some days I use a blow dryer and straighten it.

During the winter, I set my hair on large rollers and sit underneath the dryer. After my hair has dried, I put hair butter on my ends or moisturizer and pull it back into a ponytail.


How have your products helped your customers with their own hair journeys?

For years my sister’s hair didn’t grow and now her hair is mid back length.
One person e-mailed me the other day. She said that at first she was skeptical, but she was using my oil on her daughter’s hair. It worked exceptionally well. Another person has relaxed hair and she told me that she noticed the moisture in her hair improve right away after using NaturelleGrow products.

Do you have any new products coming out?  If so, when can we expect to be able to purchase them?

NaturelleGrow has a new hair growth oil that is expected to be launched August 2013.  After testing out the oil for some time, I was astounded by the fast results. This oil works VERY well to aid hair growth!


What do you think is the most important thing to remember when caring for kinky, coily, and curly textured hair?

All hair is beautiful. All hair will grow. Long hair has nothing to do with your race or genetic make up. The most important thing is that you must treat your hair as though it was fine china. Your hair is constantly growing but you must focus on retaining the hair you have. You must learn what your hair likes and dislikes. Get to know YOUR hair. Treat your hair well and it will flourish.  


To order NaturelleGrow products visit  NaturelleGrow on Etsy

NaturelleGrow handmade products are fresh and all natural.


10 comments:

  1. Excellent article! I LOVE her products too GB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juana! I can't say enough about these wonderful products either!

      Delete
  2. I know she mentioned customer service, but what sets her products apart, and which products would you ladies recommend? I normally use a leave-in, oil, and a styler for WNGs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KW for commenting! NaturelleGrow products work immediately. The first time I used her products my hair's moisture increased and I was able to maintain it throughout the week. These products just feel different than any other products I've used. They melt right into my hair. I'm crazy about the cleansing conditioning creams and deep conditioners. I plan on using her leave-ins soon, so I'll share my product review. The ingredients look really good.

      Delete
  3. Wow That is a wonderful Article, Im so intrigued my this i wish I would have found it before I did my sew in, She is coming back to OHIO i live here I wonder if she will make a regular store, Thanks Renee for sharing your Article and Great Job Be Blessed signed Christdaughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christdaughter! I hope you enjoy the products that you receive from Naturelle Grow. Let me know how they work for you.

      Delete
  4. Thanks all for the wonderful feedback on the products!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, thank you SO much for creating NaturelleGrow. I've raved so much about your products that my mom wants to try them now. I appreciate you taking the time to do the interview with The Forgotten Natural blog. I wish you the best with your business.

      Delete
  5. Thanks, GoldenBlaze. NaturelleGrow products are excellent. I appreciate you introducing me to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love these products. I actually stumbled across them during my transition. I asked her if her products worked on both relaxed and and natural hair because with transitioning that's important. I will say that although the products work well on both textures I really love how it makes my natural/new growth feel. I recently purchased her hair growth oil. So far so go. It's not greasy and I love that about it. I cannot say if it's helping with growth and that maybe because I am using all of her other products so it may just be a combination of them all.

    ReplyDelete