Do Too Much December is HERE.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Cantu Shea Butter Curl and Define Custard

Imagine my delight when I was minding my business and spotted a jar of Cantu Shea Butter Custard. I quickly grabbed a jar in hopes of trying this product. I wanted a curl custard that would hold my curls in the summer heat. Would this custard live up to the hype?

According to the directions the custard must be used on "sopping wet hair". I cleansed my hair by doing a quick clay wash with the leftover  clay wash I made. See my post on Moroccan clay wash for directions on how to create your own. Anyway, after cleansing my hair I gently sectioned my hair. The clay wash made my hair easy to detangle. Next, I applied Cantu Shea Butter Curl Activator Cream to sections of my hair. Then, I applied the Cantu Shea Custard to small sections of hair until every section was covered.

What is my final verdict?  If I want a stronger hold then I will reach for the custard. I may have used too much because it made my hair somewhat hard.By day 3 I was able to get a softer hold by using the Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Cream. I give this product 2 out of 4 hairballs because it caused my hair to shrink more than usual. I purchased this product at CVS store with my own money. I think you get a good amount of product, but be careful because the custard is very sticky. Try it and let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment