Do Too Much December is HERE.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Easy Breezy Clay Wash

Clay washes are as old as humans. People have been using clay to clarify and cleanse the skin for centuries. One type of clay in particular has been touted as one of the best to use for skin and hair-Moroccan Red clay. I have been intrigued with the idea of a clay wash for sometime so I researched then selected an easy recipe from a hair forum. The difference in my recipe is that I used coconut agave and added rosemary oil.

PRODUCTS/ MATERIAL
Red Moroccan Clay
Aloe Vera Gel
Organic Coconut Oil
Coconut Agave
Rosemary oil
Tea tree oil
Lavender oil

HOW I PREPARED
The night before I spritz my hair with coconut oil mist. Then, I detangled my hair and twisted into four big sections then tied my hair up with a silk scarf.

MAKING THE CLAY WASH
Get a plastic spoon and bowl or container. Add 3 Tbsp of Moroccan Red clay. Heat up about 8 oz of aloe vera gel with 1 tsp of coconut oil in the microwave for 45-50 seconds. Slowly add it to the clay powder. Next, add 1 tsp of coconut agave. Then, add 20 drops of lavender oil, 10 drops of tea tree oil and 10 drops of rosemary oil. Please note: Do not add rosemary if you have high blood pressure.
APPLYING THE CLAY WASH:
I applied the wash from the scalp to the tip starting with the back of my hair.
After each section is completed allow the clay wash to sit in your hair for 30 minutes.

RINSING THE HAIR
I rinsed my hair thoroughly in the shower. I made sure all remnants of the clay were washed away. I noticed that my hair felt so soft and there were absolutely no tangles. My curls felt like deep crinkles and my scalp felt refreshed.

THE FINAL VERDICT
I give Moroccan clay 5 out of 5 hairballs. If I could I would say a 10. Mixing it can be a little messy but get some towels and wipe up any spills. I ended up with some clay wash left over, so I put it in an old dropper bottle and placed it in the refrigerator.  It does not have preservatives so the left over mix has to be refrigerated.

If you like well conditioned hair then try a clay wash. The only conditioner that I used was a leave in conditioner. My hair feels so wonderful! Try this recipe and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment