Do Too Much December is HERE.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Gift of Henna

My henna treatment went so well that I am going to share my updated henna recipe. The outcome was glossy, conditioned,  highlighted natural hair. By the time I rinsed my hair, it was soft and tangle free.

This is what I used:
1 pkg of Red Raj Henna
2 Tbsp of Sukesh Ayurveda
2 tsp of Lemon Juice
2-3 eggs
1 can of Coconut Milk
1 tsp of Avocado oil (mix after dye release)

Mix the henna and Sukesh powder together then add the lemon juice, eggs, and coconut milk.

Let the mixture sit in a cool, dry place until the dye releases. You will notice that the henna color will change from green to brown.

After dye releases stir in the avocado oil or the oil of your choice.

Section the hair into 4 sections. Two in the front and two in the back. Begin applying the henna from root to tip. If you are touching up your hair, apply it only to the root.

Place a plastic bag or cap over your head and let the henna sit for about 4-6 hrs.

Rinse the henna out with warm water then use a moisturizing conditioner. Leave the conditioner in for a few minutes then rinse. Deep condition your hair according to your hair's needs. Usually I deep condition my hair for 30 min.

I lost few strands of hair. There was hardly any hair shed. While rinsing my hair felt like silk. When it dried I was amazed by the moisture and softness. Try it and see if you like it!!!

*I purchased the henna and Sukesh Ayurveda from Hennasooq.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment