Do Too Much December is HERE.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Hair Growth Chronicles--Operation Grow It! (Day 1)

I'm still a lazy natural even with my new hair growth regimen. Why? Because I am not obsessing over my hair growth despite documenting my experiences. I wear my hair in protective styles during the week and wear it out on the weekends. While I want to grow my hair LONG, I'm not thinking about it until I have to share what it is that I've done. So, without further adieu.. Here's my day 1 observations.

Last night I mixed about a little more than an ounce of Pimento/Jamican Black Castor oil with a strip of Miconazole Nitrate (MN) cream. The oil contains a mixture of  Jamaican pimento oil, Jamaican black castor oil, grapeseed oil, peppermint oil, and eucalpytus oil. I used an old oil bottle that has a tip. I vigorously shook up the mixture. Then, I lightly sprayed my hair with my spritz mix (water, aloe vera juice, JBCO, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, rosemary, lavendar, and tea tree oils. Next, I used the bottle tip to dab small amounts of the mixture on my scalp. Initially, I felt a small tingle that most likely was the result of the stimulating effects of the peppermint and eucalyptus oils. I wrapped my head up in a satin headwrap and went to bed. When I woke up my scalp felt refreshed. There is no feeling of itchiness or irritation.

I drank my cup of Yogi detox tea a few hours before bed. The tea tastes similar to ginger. It is bitter but it has a taste of spicy undertones. I think the taste will grow on me. The only effect the tea has had is that I have had to urinate more. This is due to the cleansing of my livers and kidneys.

I will be getting in my evening walk on the treadmill today. My exercise shoes have to be pulled out and I have to pull my treadmill down. I didn't use it for several months now because a few months ago I fainted while using it. I became fearful that this would happen again, so I stopped exercising on it. I used to run on the treadmill up to about 45 minutes to an hour a day. I've decided to power walk from now on and I may even get back to using my kettlebells. Working up a sweat, feeling good, and increasing my hair growth? That sounds like a win/win situation.

Before I forget I want to share my new refreshening spritz that I've been using for the past few weeks. My son has used it for his hair too and he shared his opinion with me. I asked him how he compared it to the store bought leave-in spritz I used (Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier) and this is what he stated. He feels that my homemade spritz "leaves my hair more moisturized longer". With his positive reviews and my great experiences, I feel the need to share my spritz recipe.

Rosemary/JBCO Moisturizing Spritz
Use 1 small (8-10 oz) spritz or spray bottle and fill it 2/3 way with water. Add about a tablespoon of aloe vera juice. Next, add about a tablespoon of Jamaican Black Castor oil. Then, a teaspoon of grapeseed oil and a teaspoon of jojoba oil. Add about 8 drops of rosemary oil, 5 drops of lavendar oil, 4 drops of tea tree oil, and 2 drops of peppermint oil. Shake vigorously. Your spritz is ready to use. Store the mixture in a cool, dry area.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are 5 methods for faster hair growth:
    1. Be careful how you treat your hair.
    2. Change you lifestyle
    3. Eat healthy
    4. Take supplements
    5. Go to your hairdresser regularly
    You can read more about hair growth in http://www.the-healthiest.com/archives/294

    ReplyDelete