Do Too Much December is HERE.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cocktail n- Style!

Channel your inner mixtress!! Cocktails aren't just for happy hour fun or dinner party hijinks!! Curlies have been cocktailing products for effectiveness for years. One product by itself doesn't produce the results, but two make it just right! So, if you've ever felt like Goldilocks and you just can find the "right" product, then get ready to be bold and experiment with cocktailing.

How do you know what to cocktail? Well, there are many ways to cocktail without making a mess of your hair. But, be warned.. cocktailing can come with a price. If you're an adventurous curly, then this may be for you. You might just produce the perfect product for conditioning, styling, or refreshing.

Cocktailing has helped my hair tremendously. Because of cocktailing I can now have two strand twists that hold together with very little frizz. I remember watching YouTuber Charjay mix together a gel and pomade together and that gave me the idea to mix together the products that I used separately. The first time I did it, my hair felt like it rejoiced. I had the juiciest, firm twists ever!

Here are some easy ways to get your feet wet in experimenting with cocktailing:

1.Conditioner cocktails can allow the hair to receive optimal moisture. Mixing a thick conditioner with another slippery conditioner can give you the perfect mix for deep conditioning or rinse out. Get your favorite deep conditioner and the desired amount of rinse out conditioner.

2. Styler cocktails help the hair to hold style longer. Sometimes a gel by itself doesn't hold the hair well. But, if you combine gel with pomade then there is a moist yet medium hold. Experiment with the amount of gel and pomade to get your desired hold. My all time favorite cocktail is the Nubian Heritage Edge Taming Taffy with the Shea Moisture Curling Souffle.

3. Spritz cocktails can give the hair a boost to condition and moisturize the hair. Add your favorite leave-in with a little water and/or aloe vera juice. For super conditioning add oils, such as castor, jojoba, or grapeseed.

Make sure you test a small amount of your cocktail on a small section of your hair BEFORE using it on your entire head. Often times, cocktailing takes practice but it is SO worth it when you get the desired result.

Readers, what products have you experimented with cocktailing?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much! That's a pic I took today of my twist out. I used a combo of SM Curling Souffle and SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie. First, I spritz with my homemade spritz mix then I smoothed my cocktail onto sections my hair.

    ReplyDelete