Do Too Much December is HERE.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Summer Regimen

This summer promises to be hot and sometimes stormy here in my neck of the woods. We've already had several thunderstorms and a tornado touched down just the other day. OK, so how does weather affect my styling plans? I plan to continue cleansing, conditioning, and moisturizing. That part hasn't changed at all. However, I have decided to go back to rotating my shampoo bars as my hair dictates whether it needs extra moisture or cleansing. Like other people in my profession (I am a teacher) I have a summer job working with students. This means that I don't have enormous amounts of time to do my hair.

My Summer Hair Regimen


  • Henna Treatment--3-4 more times during the summer to get a deeper auburn hue
  • Cleanse my hair every week with a Chagrin Valley shampoo bar.
  • Condition with first a rinse out conditioner then a deep conditioner.
  • Apply my leave-in to soaking wet hair and air dry. 
  • Then, style my hair in two strand twists or braids. 
  • Do pin updos, twists, and buns for protective styling
  • Every day I will spritz with my homemade spritz to moisturize and every week I will oil my scalp with Jamaican Pimento oil.

Recent braid out w/ Shea Moisture
Curl Enhancing Smoothie &
Shea Moisture Curling Souffle

Products I Heart

  • Chagrin Valley shampoo bars
  • Naturelle Grow Coconut Water Cleansing Cream
  • Naturelle Grow Chamomile/Burdock Root Deep Conditioner
  • Sunny Isle Jamaican Pimento Oil
  • Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil
  • Wild Growth Hair Oil
  • Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk 
  • Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing smoothie
  • Shea Moisture Curling Souffle

Dear readers, what is your summer regimen? What products do you plan to use during the summer to keep your styles fresh?

No comments:

Post a Comment