Do Too Much December is HERE.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Cute Curls With Flexirods!

This is day two of my flexirod sets and I'm feeling pretty good. After all, I don't usually wear my hair out in big, fluffy, luscious curls. I mean, these curls are super bouncy and juicy. I'm pretty happy with the results. Now, this is the GOOD news. The BAD news is that humidity is a best. I mean, my hair morphed from cute, controlled curls to a growing fluffy bush. It went from looking like a flexirod set to a twist out.


My Flexi rod set
Finger style and keep your curl!


How did I achieve this super cute style?

Begin with a freshly washed and conditioned head. I stretched my hair by wearing it in big braids. After my hair was completely dry, I added some leave-in conditioner and oil.

Flat iron your hair on low. I used the lowest setting for my hair type. I put it in butterfly clips and took down each section to lightly flat iron. If I was pressing then this would be known as a soft press.

Create medium sized twists and then roll on flexirods. I learned that by doing twists then setting them on flexirods,  my hair set really well.

Use setting lotion, mousse, or cream. Don't saturate your hair with a lot of product. Your hair should be flexible but not overly moist. I made the mistake of putting a little bit too much oil on my hair. Unfortunately, I had to re-set my hair the next day.

Use an anti humidity formula serum. The serum will help with anti reversion and keep the hair from poofing and growing into the incredible puff monster. I learned this lesson the hard way.

Last, but not least... Flaunt your hair like you bought it. Heh.. heh.. I'm so used to having my hair tucked away and protected it, so a little flip action had me feeling all good!!!!

This summer looks like it is going to be a scorcher. Today was a little hot, but my fluffy (hair) held up until I felt my roots swelling up. I was ready to get a fan and drink some lemonade. Maybe I can sit on the stoop and watch the kids play with my incredible flexirod set. On second thought, I'll just enjoy my airconditioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment