Do Too Much December is HERE.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Where Forth Art My HAIR TWIN?

Please excuse the title of this post. I'm knee deep in teaching Shakespeare this semester (smiles). They say that everyone has a twin out here in this big, beautiful world. I've yet to see my twin, but some of my friends and associates say that she is out there. Well, I hope my twin also has the same hair, so we can spend hours sharing our beauty secrets. I wish my hair twin was someone rich and famous. Then, I could be paid to be her hair twin. But, in all seriousness, what exactly is the benefit of finding your hair twin?
Desperately seeking a hair twin.

Hair twins can be a mirror to our hair regimen. A hair twin helps us to see our hair in a different light and gain insight into what we're doing right and what we're doing wrong. A hair twin doesn't merely appear to have our same hair, but something in the texture, sheen, an overall look screams "hair twin".



Hair twins can challenge us to "compete" with them to get better length retention or overall healthy hair. How many times have I labored over my hair twin's routine and tried to figure out what she's doing right and I'm doing wrong. Perhaps my twin has some super power-- "Grow hair, activate!" No, perhaps she wears her hair in protective styles longer OR she detangles a lot better than me. Whatever the difference, check out her routine and see if it works!


Hair twins can give us great ideas for wonderful styles. Pretty much, I am shameless about my hair envy. I have pulled up pics of my hair twin and watched vids of all her tutorials on YouTube. I'd probably be a stalker if I didn't admire her from afar.


Hair twins make us feel like we're not an anomaly. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being unique. In fact, being different sets us a part from the rest of the pack. But, those YouTube videos sure do make many of us feel like our hair is NOTHING like Hair Expert So and So who never seems to have a bad hair day; hair grows over night; and every style seems to come out perfectly. No, our hair twin reminds us of the imperfections of life. We learn to laugh at our flaws and even celebrate them.

So, tell me dear reader, have you spotted your hair twin? 



2 comments:

  1. You seem to always articulate my thoughts before I can organise them lol. And yes, I do have a hair twin - NaturallyCurious. I watched her WnG video a couple weeks ago, & was shocked to see that not only did we have similar curl & coil size, but we also had similar strand density, hair density, porosity, & appearance (silky or cottony). Our regimens are also similar. It was a wonderful reassurance that my regimen wasn't out there & just wacko lol. And we even do many of the same staple styles - WnGs, twists & TOs. Low-mo too. AuCurls Naturelle also has very similar hair to mine, & we're around the same length too. I felt so giddy when I finally found those ladies. It seemed like every other person had either kinky hair or bigger loose curls. It was nice to see some in-betweeners :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks for the feedback, Kimberlee. I'll have to check out NaturallyCurious' channel. My hair twin's name is AminaZena. She has a health and fitness channel on YouTube. I was shocked to see her hair because she said her mom is white and her dad is African. Who knew?! Although she keeps it in an afro, I was in awe because my hair looks like hers when it is dry. :)

      Delete